Yoga is not only a life saver. It is also a life giver. No one can challenge or undermine the efficacious effects of Yoga. Yoga works very well for pregnancy. Yoga can eliminate problems and complications that may arise during pregnancy thus providing comfort to the expectant mother and healthy growth for the baby. How does Yoga work to provide relief from problems, pave way for smooth pregnancy, and cause natural birth of the child ?
Click here to book a class in Malvern East Melbourne – http://thearkatemple.com/classes-at-the-arka-temple/
Every Lady wants a healthy baby. For this, the health of the mother is also very important. Physical and mental well being of the expectant mother can ensure a healthy baby. Therefore, it is very essential that pre-natal care should include regular Yoga exercises for the pregnant mother. Yoga and Pranayama is a perfect combination that can ensure a smooth pregnancy. Pregnant women should join Yoga classes that are specially designed to ensure well being of pregnant women. These exercises will help giving maternal comfort; eliminate labor pain and facilitate natural childbirth.
For smooth pregnancy, Yoga exercises and meditations can be very helpful. Yoga and Pranayama is a great way to ensure the health of both mother and child. This technique is related with breathing exercises that help to provide an abundant supply of oxygen to both the mother and the baby. These breathing exercises help eliminate stress and relax the body. It even provides physical strength to mother and life force to the baby. Pranayama includes exercises such as Anuloma Viloma, Bhastrika, Nadishodhan, etc..
Other effective Yoga exercises include deep relaxation, Mudras and Meditation. Mudras provide psycho-physical stimulation to the women, which strengthen her reproductive organs. Meditation will resolve conflicts arising in mind and will help the to-be-mother feel the connection with her child. It will also bring down the heart rate, relax the mind – all good for the baby’s health ! Yoga poses help relax, promote well-being, and provides the strength to meet the labor pains and lead an easy pregnancy.
For regular Yoga practitioners, there are some exercises that should be avoided during pregnancy. For the non Yoga practitioners, seeking a Yoga teacher to guide well throughout your pregnancy is advisable. Here are some tips :
- During the first trimester, a pregnant lady can perform Yoga exercises. There are not many restrictions regarding doing Yoga exercises.
- During the second trimester, poses in which one is required to hold in a single position for a long time must be avoided. All the exercises must be done slowly because the increasing belly may pose a problem.
- During the third trimester, there will probably be difficulty due to increased belly size.
- There are some Yoga poses to avoid during pregnancy. These include exercises in which one has to lie down, in which one has to stay in a single position for long, etc..
- Blocks and straps should be provided so as reduce the chances of risk.
- A pregnant Lady should perform Yoga under an experienced Yoga teacher to ensure no problems arise during pregnancy and the baby remains safe inside the mother’s womb.
Yoga for pregnancy and birth of the child is very essential. It will provide strength to woman to avoid stress and bear the labor pain. This will help in smooth and easy pregnancy and natural birth of the baby. It will avoid complications that may lead to surgical operations – babies born through natural process are much healthier ! Even the mother leads a healthy life. Surgical operations always pose the risk of causing weakness in the mother and may lead a few problems in the future. So why keep problems for the future ?
Joining Yoga classes, practicing Yoga will help promote a healthy living / lifestyle for the new mother and her baby. Yoga is a life saver, life giver and a life promoter. So, start practicing Yoga. Make your pregnancy smooth and easy.
A word of Caution : It is ALWAYS a good idea to seek help and guidance of an experienced Yoga Instructor while performing / practicing Yoga during pregnancy.